Sunday, February 1, 2009

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.

In June of 2001, I lost my very good and wise friend, Mary DeGraff, to ovarian cancer.
Toward the end of her battle-at the point when we were told that she might live only another week or two-Mary had her 49th birthday. I found myself wandering about Target, troubled that I could not find her a single birthday gift that would be useful or meaningful to her.

After having a near meltdown in the card aisle, I found her the perfect birthday card and wrote down my most treasured memories shared with her and all the things I love about her. It was Mary who summed it up best that day when she gave me a hug and said " in the end all that really matters is the people that you love and those that love you"

February's theme is "Love" and my only regret is that it is a short month and I have a lot of content available to support this theme! This month I will share with you what I love, and I hope that you will comment and share what is meaningful to you as well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Now thats better than Pink.
Love is a big open topic.. Can you really fill the month with Love? Start with how much you LOve your job!!

Nancy Cook said...

I can assure you that the subject of my job will not come up this month...unless I change jobs or suddenly find that I love being worked to death and not listened to.