Thursday, February 5, 2009

I Love Cheerful Little Spring Flower Sprouts


I walked about the garden this morning and found these little tell-tale signs of spring.
I just love little flower sprouts!




Happily, last fall, I planted this "host" of soon-to-be-smiling yellow daffodils under one of our big fir trees. I am particularly excited about enjoying those this spring. In the chaos of my current schedule of work and school - I had almost forgotten that I had taken the time to plant these. Now there are a multitude of little sprouts appearing and I have this urge to just stand over this patch and offer up nurturing words and encouragement..."grow, grow, grow...my little darlings!". I am so very pleased with myself!



Here they are -stretching their little green tips out of the soil...checking to see if it is time to fully show themselves yet....(I hear them saying "Almost! Just be patient- we are working on it!")




The snowdrops are a bolder lot-they clearly have decided that they have had enough of winter and have taken a stand!



It was nice to spend some time in the garden this morning!

1 comment:

Carol............. said...

OK...now I really miss Washington!