Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I Love My Valentine!




Just made a batch of Cowboy cookies for my Valentine. These are Simon's favorite cookies.
I met my Valentine at work in 1997 the day after I had made a pact with another female coworker that we would NEVER date someone we worked with. (She actually ended up breaching that ill-conceived contract too!)


Just look at him though! Who could possibly resist such a gorgeous prince of a guy??? (Not me) and to top it off, Simon is such a gentleman and he has that fabulous English accent....(*swoooon). Most importantly, he loves me as much as I love him. He shows me in so many little and big ways. I am a very lucky girl!

The Cowboy Cookies were part of the Family Circle Magazine 1st lady cookie taste off in 2004. Laura Bush beat out Tipper Gore with these. Try them out and you will see why! They are just very GOOD.
Laura Bush's Cowboy Cookies

In a mixing bowl, whisk together:

  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1 tablespoon baking soda
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon salt
Set Aside.
In another bowl cream together:
  • 3 sticks butter at room temperature
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
Add 3 eggs mixing after each addition until well combined.
Add 1 tablespoon vanilla
Add flour mixture.

Stir in the following:
  • 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
  • 2 cups sweetened flake coconut
  • 2 cups chopped pecans (8 ounces)
Preheat oven to 350 F.

For each cookie, drop 1/4 cup of dough onto ungreased cookie sheet, spacing 3 inches apart. Bake 17 to 20 minutes, until edges are lightly browned. Remove to rack to cool.
Makes 3 dozen large cookies.

1 comment:

Carol............. said...

When can you have these delivered to my house in Arizona!!!!??