Tuesday, December 16, 2008

My Big Green Thumb

Just wanted to share a few interesting plants that I discovered today.

Take for instance this one: This is called a Snake plant. It is also called a mother in law plant. It obviously looks like a Snake skin...but where, oh where, could the mother in law label come from? IDK. (I actually have one of these thriving in a dark corner of our living room).
Here is one that is a little more transparent....this is called a golden ball cactus...but, ironically, it is also called a "mother in law" seat. Interesting. I do not have one of these, but I am a few chairs short for Christmas Eve dinner.


I also learned today that Hyssop is used to ward off evil spirits. Think I will grab a pot of that one too!










1 comment:

Unknown said...

Are you crazy? That Cactus will be like tiny needles stuck in your Butt if you sat on it.. We had one in Arizona.. We left it there of course..Go buy a card table, I have two reaaly great "white elephants"NO not real ones...