Thursday, December 25, 2008

Finally! A White Christmas!


I have been dreaming of having a White Christmas for a long time. Since moving to the western half of the state, holiday snow has been holiday rain, and our pilgrimage across the pond has only provided us with a light dusting on Christmas day- for which I have been grateful- but no remarkable stickage.


A year ago this week we were vacationing in Tenerife, Canary Islands...again-no snow there- just white beach. (Which one could become very used to). Put plainly- it has just been too long since we have had snow worth frolicking in!


This morning - Christmas morning- we woke up to flakes so big that, I swear, you could make out the distinct, unique pattern on each one! Another few inches added to our record breaking 10 days worth of accumulation and we have ourselves the whitest Christmas I have been able to enjoy since my childhood....God bless us everyone!


I spent a little time out of doors this morning...made my first snow angel in about 20 years....I dedicated this one to my mother in law who really hates the snow. She would not make one herself, no matter how much I persuaded.
I hope your holiday is just as blissful as mine has been!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

NCHIHappy Happy Snow Snow...
Your snow angel sure is bigger than it was 20 years ago too.

Love mom

Nancy Cook said...

Yes, and getting my fat butt out of the snow bank once the artwork was complete was also a little more difficult than I recall it being 20 years ago too!