Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Quickest Way to a Man's Heart...




For Simon, it was Salmon poached in a mustard cream sauce.


http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/POACHED-SALMON-WITH-MUSTARD-SAUCE-77

This is Simon (aka: frogboy). The man of my dreams. Simon and I met at work one fateful day and fell in love. Marrying him was the best decision I ever made. He is very possibly the best husband ever- a very patient, generous, supportive and kind person. He has beautiful blue eyes and a very sexy English accent.

Because Simon is my best friend, you will probably be hearing a lot about him here.

The recipe above is very close to the one that I prepared the first night I asked Simon to dinner. the Bon Appetite recipe that I used called for sherry, instead of white wine, and shallots instead of onions. This goes very well with red potatoes and asparagas. We have also substituted chicken.


A few things about Simon that you many not know:
  • Simon is a Starbuck's trained Barista. He may have been raised on tea and crumpets, but the man makes a beautiful cup of coffee.
  • In June Simon will complete his Master's Degree in Manufacturing Engineering
  • On October 28, Simon will throw away his green card and be sworn in as a bonafide American citizen! (He will still be half-English)
  • Simon loves camping gear, personal finance, travel, wine and microbrews. He is a meat and potatoes kind of guy, but he is as adventurous as I am when it comes to trying new foods and new places.
  • Simon loves strawberries and English fish and chips. He believes strongly in having a cooked breakfast on the weekend. When he came to the United States he discovered Clam Chowder and Tacos, but I like to think that he sticks around because of my culinary abilities.

Stay tuned for updates on Simon...you can also view our shared blogspot at http://www.meandfrogboy.blogspot.com

No comments: