Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sunday at the Cook House


I have decided that weekends are just too darn short! Especially since I am giving up one every other week for school. I can't seem to get everything done that I want to.

Today I slept in until 8:30. I did not intend to do this because I have so much to do today, but here I am 9am and nothing is done. I must have needed more sleep though.

Simon is making coffee. I picked up a new coffee press at Value Villiage for 9.99. We found the exact press at Starbucks for 40.00. (that deal makes the coffee taste even better!). Our favorite coffee is seasonal. It is called Ipanema Bourbon and it is made by Starbucks. I usually find it in February, although this year I picked up some in June- I was hoping this meant it would be more regularly available, but I have not seen it since. Our other coffee preference is Pete's coffee- Major Dickinson's blend. We usually only make coffee on weekends.

On Sundays I also try to make breakfast for my man and then a nice dinner. This morning we are having Smoked Salmon Scramble. This is basically Scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and cream cheese cut in. I add salt, pepper and fresh chives to this - it is very simple and heavenly. We will have pugliese toast with this. I picked up some wonderful orange and fig jam to top it off. (Discovered last night that this is great on gouda cheese, too!).

After breakfast I am going to call my mother in law, since I did not speak to her yesterday, then I am also going to get on the treadmill for 30 minutes.

Simon did a lot of the housework yesterday, but I will try and get into the bathrooms and give a quick clean (we need to get our housecleaner back!)

For the rest of the day I need to work on homework. I want to try and complete half of my cost accounting mid term (due next Saturday- prof says it is a 7 hour exam...so for me, that means 10!). I have an operations management case study to complete for Wednesday (2 hours), and I have a negotiations assignment that requires on-going negotiations until Nov 24. I am the Project Manager for our team this quarter and the chairperson for these negotiations as well, so school is my priority today.

At some point today I will be making treats for work tomorrow to drum up donations for the holiday "adopt a child" campaign. My work group adopted 6 kids and I am heading up the fund raising.

Got the suet, but the mincemeat will need to wait until next weekend.

No comments: