Friday, November 21, 2008

Fiesta Friday Fundraiser




Hosted a fiesta at work today to support our holiday adopt a child fundraiser. It looks to me like we have enough cash to supply Christmas presents for all 6 of our adopted children. We may be able to adopt a few more. I will be shopping for gifts on Sunday. Simon and I also adopted a little girl and boy. I want to get this activity complete before Thanksgiving.



The guys really stepped up to the plate for this one- several volunteered to bring food and we earned another $180.00 for a total of $620.00

I brought the taco beef and a bowl of guacamole to the fundraiser. I have found that adding a small jar of salsa and seasonings to the ground beef (cumin, chili powder, cayenne, garlic salt and pepper) works well. I don't buy the packets of taco seasoning because of the preservatives.
The guacamole is smashed avocados with sour cream, lemon juice, and some salsa for a little kick.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sounds like it was quite a success.. Btw Buster loves the dog treats..