Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Nancy is OUT OF OFFICE!


Tonight I came home after work instead of going to school as I had intended.

I had major difficulty leaving work this evening. Spent the entire day trying to get an Excel tool formatted for a report tomorrow. I am not going to be there (vacation, baby!), so I had to finish it before leaving - handed it off at 6pm with my cell number and decided that school would be half over by the time I got there, so drove home.

When I entered the house I was met with an aroma so wonderful I thought for a moment that I was back at the Herb Farm. Simon had made me a fabulous Pastrami Rueben sandwich and fries that were coated in rosemary and thyme....Delicious!

I kissed my husband and then sent off a school assignment. Now I am officially on vacation until Monday. I am so pleased I don't know what to do with myself.

OH...guess I should pack. Headed to Mom's house for T-Day. We are getting up tomorrow, early, with a plan of being on the road by 4am. It is an 8.5 hour drive to Klamath Falls. I am psyched.
Simon's Pastrami Rueben Sandwich

2 slices good bread (we used a 7-grain deli loaf). Butter one side and place in frying pan over medium heat.
Layer a slice of swiss cheese, then a pile of pastrami, a clump of sauerkraut and another slice of swiss cheese. Top with the other piece of bread and butter the top. By the time you do this, it will be time to flip the sandwich over and grill the other side. Grill until the cheese is melted and the sandwich is toasty brown.
Serve with thousand island dressing and don't forget to Kiss the Cook ( I did!)








No comments: