Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Tuna and Potato Chip Casserole...and An Opportunity to Do Something Good

The most popular blog post in My Home Cook N Blog's short, sweet (and sometimes savory) history is: Tuna and Potato Chip Casserole!

For the life of me, I would never have guessed that this recipe would be so popular with the blog set!

It got me thinking: IF I had a dollar for every tuna and potato chip casserole seeking visitor I have had since posting that fateful recipe..well...certainly I might be able to make a small difference in the world, right?

If you came here for the very famous tuna and potato chip casserole recipe, I am happy to share, and I think we can both do a little bit of good in the process....

For the rest of this year I am raising money for the American Lung Association and I am asking for your help.

Here is how to get the recipe:

Perform a web search using the search box at the top of this page that says "search for a cure". When you search, you will automatically be taken to the post with the tuna casserole recipe! (You will also see results from your search.) When you visit the sponsor's "google ads" resulting from your search results,they pay me for sending you to them (Please note this important step- you must visit the sponsors website!). I will, in turn, pay the American Lung Association the proceeds. (Your search can be for anything you wish!)

You can also visit the ad sense ad on the right of the page and roam around a bit (that is the brown box to the right of the page). Although no recipe will appear, a donation will be made just the same.

Why am I doing this?

Two reasons: My aunt Sally (who first introduced me to tuna fish and potato chip casserole) and my late father in law, Robert Cook. Both passed away from this terrible type of cancer. August will be the one year anniversary of Robert's death and I want to do something positive to remember him on this anniversary .

I will provide a monthly tally of your generous contributions and at the end of this year I will submit a check to the ALA. Tell your friends too!


Thank you in advance for your participation and enjoy the casserole!

No comments: