Monday, August 10, 2009

A Few Marvelous Things: Just a few things I have been thinking about...


Marvelous Date: Simon and I got dressed up and went out on a date on Saturday. We try to do this on the second Saturday of each month. I think it is good to get out for a romantic evening alone on a regular basis. It doesn't have to be an expensive night out either- the importance is on being together more than on what you do. We took the opportunity of using a gift card that my aunt and uncle gifted us for graduation to have a nice meal out and we caught a matinee of Julie & Julia.


Marvelous Movie: Julie and Julia was as good as I expected. Funny and charming and who can't identify with a story about being in a rut and wanting to do something remarkable that you are passionate about? Simon pulled out my Julie Child's Entertainment cookbook and started to pick our several challenging dishes he thought he might like to taste...he was also asking if I need the Mastering the Art of French Cooking cookbooks (I do!)
Marvelous Book: In all my spare time lately, I have managed to fit in a few good books as well. My favorite recent read was "The Sharper Your Knife, The Less You Cry" by Kathleen Flynn. This is the true life account of a woman who follows her dream of attending Le Cordon Bleu in Paris. I love to read about people following thier dreams and challenging themselves and this book did not disappoint. There are also great recipes at the end of each chapter- which I thought was a pleasant little bonus.


Marvelous Idea: Girls Night Out. On Thursday, two girlfriends and I are finally going to attend a cooking class at the Pacific Culinary Studio. I have wanted to do this for some time now, so I am quite looking forward to it. The topic is Sangria and Tapas. I will be sure to post a recipe of two from that.

No comments: